A Fading Heart

A Fading Heart

Sometimes I wonder, what made me this way, 

I wasn't always like this, I used to be okay. 

I used to love people, my heart was so wide, 

Kindness and sweetness were things I'd never hide. 


I felt every feeling, deep and true, 

For others and myself, I cared too. 

But now, I don't remember when  I last cared at all, 

Even for the people I love, I've built up a wall. 


I don't even care about myself, it's strange to see, 

The person I was slowly slipping away from me.

I'm giving up, little by little, it's true, 

Not just on others, but on myself too. 


What happened to the heart that was once so strong?

Why does it feel like I no longer belong? 

I search for the person I used to be, 

Hoping to find them somewhere inside of me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments