From Close to Complete Strangers

So, I saw him today after nearly one year. It was kind of like a really strange feeling. We nearly spent a whole year together, and now we're complete strangers. What a bizarre experience is this!

I mean there was a time when I shared everything with him-my sadness, my cries, my anxieties, my fears, my flaws, my anger, and everything in between. He saw it all. And now?

We don't even talk. 

I'm neither here to complain about what happened nor do I have regrets. But it's just that I can't help but feel so overwhelmed by the whole thing. 

How do we go from being so close to being complete strangers? How can someone who was once such a big part of your life become just another face in the crowd?

So, it suddenly reminded me of  Selena Gomez's song: 

"We used to be close, but people can go,

From people you know to people you don't."

And, this song really hit me hard.

But, I guess that's life though. People come and go, and sometimes the hardest part is just accepting that. 

:) ❤️‍🩹

Post a Comment

0 Comments